You can follow all the news we discuss at our blog.
Play In Your Desktop Browser. Use link below to listen on your iOS Device.
Episode 53 is brought to you by Audible
You can support the podcast by downloading a free audiobook at Audible, the free book is yours to keep even if you cancel your subscription.
Episode 53 Show Notes
“We’ve got a little more to show you.” Keynote Recap
Tim Cook’s Introduction: The Numbers
- 5 million iPhones sold.
- iPhone 5 launch video.
- 3 million new iPods sold.(
- 200 million devices running iOS.
- 125 million Documents in the Cloud, 300 billion iMessages sent. 28,000 per second.
- 160 million Game Center accounts.
- 70 million photos shared with Shared Photo Stream.
- 700,000 apps in the App Store, 275,000 iPad apps.
- 35 Billion apps downloaded.
- 6.5 billion paid to developers.
- 1.5 million books available.
- 400 million books downloaded.
New Version of iBooks
- Continuous scrolling.
- Improved iCloud support.
- Outgrew the PC market 7 times. Out grew the PC market 6 years in a row.
- Number 1 notebook in the U.S.
- Number 1 desktop in the U.S.
Phil Schiller Introduces New Macs
- 13 inch MacBook Pro is the number one selling Mac.
New 13 Inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
Went over all the specs and played new ad.
- starts at $1699.
New Mac Mini
- Same design, significant spec improvements.
- 80% thinner. 5mm at the edge. 8 pounds lighter 40% less volume.
- 75% less glare.
- USB 3 and Thunderbolt.
- No optical drive.
- Fusion Drive – Flash and HDD combined into one volume. Software automatically moves files between Flash and HDD.
- 21.5 inch starts at $1299, 27 inch starts at $1799.
Tim Cook Returned To Talk iPad
- 100 million iPads sold.
- Education recap. 2500 classrooms using iPad and iPad Textbooks.
- New version of iBooks Author.
Phil Schiller Back for iPad
iPad with Retina display 4th generation
- New A6x chip, double the processor and graphics performance.
- New FaceTime HD camera.
- More LTE support.
- Fast wireless.
- Lightning connector.
Same capacities and prices.
- 7.2mm thin.
- 0.68 lbs.
- White and silver, black and slate.
- 7.9 inches.
- 1024 x 768
- All software works without modification.
- 30%+ more screen real estate than Android 7 inch tablets, but thinner and lighter. (16×9 versus 4×3).
- A5 chip
- FaceTime HD Camera
- 5MP iSight Camera
- Fast Wi-Fi Dualband.
- Lightning connector.
- 10 hour battery life.
Tim Cook Wrap-up
Tim Cook Recaps all new 2012 products.
Thanks for listening to the iPhone Podcast. Please rate us on iTunes.